Skip to the content
- Adinkra cribbage is played with a cribbage board.
- Distribute 5 or 6 cards to each player. 6 cards each for 2 players and 5 cards for 3 or more players.
- The crib belongs to the person distributing the cards.
- Each player contribute 1 or 2 cards to the crib. 2 cards each for 2 players and 1 card each for 3 or more players.
- The opponent cut the cards to reveal the top card or starter.
- The opponent get 2 points if the starter card is an Ether Element card.
- Players will have 4 cards in hand.
- Players play in turn and add card points as they go along.
- Cards are numbers zero to 9. Ignore zeros when counting Adinkra card game numbers. For cards with two or more digits, add the numbers to get a single digit from zero to 9.
- The first player to reach 12 points score 2 points.
- The next player to reach 28 points score 2 points.
- If a player does not have a lower card number to reach 28 points they pass and the game restart from zero.
- The opponent score one point if the player passes a round.
- The cards are not placed at the center of the table as each player needs to pick up the cards they played.
- When all cards are played the person with the crib count his score for played cards and the crib.
- Points are scored for card combinations that add up to 12, and for pairs, triplets, quadruples, runs and flushes.
- The opponent also count his scores after that.
- The starter card is used in counting scores.